East of Ottawa
This well-established optometry practice is located within a half hour drive from downtown Ottawa. The owner has decided to retire from his practice after a successful 14-year career in this lovely, family friendly area. The practice is located on the ground floor of a professional building in the heart of town. The building is well maintained and has excellent street exposure and abundant parking.
This rapidly growing community is constantly adding new retailers, businesses, and entertainment venues to service the community, as the city of Ottawa expands eastwards towards Montreal. A large majority of the residents of this town commute to jobs in the city of Ottawa.
The practice is currently operating on a convenient schedule of 4 days per week. Two days are open until 6:30 pm, but there are no extended evening or weekend hours offered. The next owner could easily increase income with more exam hours.
The office features a large open showroom, kids’ section, and business/reception area. Clinically it includes, a pre-test room, 1 exam room, a contact lens room, field analyzer room and laboratory. The practice uses the software program “Visual Eyes”.
Income has steadily increased year over year with 2019 year-end production at approximately $428,000. Cash earnings after all expenses are paid equal ~36% of revenue. At the current level of revenue, a new owner would realize a net income of $98,000 while paying interest and principal on this purchase.
The successful purchaser should be able to converse in French as well as English. Almost all the patients speak English, but French is the working language in this practice.
Highlights of this practice include:
- Well established, solo owned ECP Practice
- One fully outfitted exam lane and pre-test area featuring quality equipment including Optos Daytona
- Relaxed 24.5 doctor hours; 4-day work week
- Paperless office.
- Additional room ready space for 2nd exam room
Additional Purchaser/Advisor Information:
- A Practice Profile will be provided within 48 hours of your request to those who have completed a ROI Corporation Confidentiality Agreement
- Video Tour available Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- Virtual OPEN – Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 4:00 pm (EDT)
- The Appraisal will be distributed Wednesday, May 20, 2020 following the Virtual OPEN
- Offers must be submitted on or before Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5pm (EDT)
- Please note the Offer Request Form must be submitted no later than 48 hours prior to the Offer Due Date
- Offers should be accompanied by a certified cheque payable to “ROI Corporation IN TRUST” equal to 10% of the offered price for the practice
- Site visits to the practice will be arranged once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
- ROI Corporation will prepare all offers on our standard forms for your lawyer’s review
- Our vendor prefers to close this practice sale July or TBD
For more information, please contact Ann Wright, Sales Representative.